Application deadline: January 12, 2020
Jury Announcement: End of January 2020
Residency starts: April 7, 2020
Supported by Karin und Uwe Hollweg Stiftung.
The Künstlerhäuser Worpswede e.V. promotes the artistic work of international artists through the granting of scholarships in various fields, projects by individual artists and groups of artists, and exchanges with universities and academies. These activities are partly self-initiated, partly conceived by the Künstlerhäuser. In 1971, Martin Kausche opened the complex with five studio flats on the edge of the Teufelsmoor, beginning almost 50 years of interdisciplinary and international artist promotion. Katharin Ritter, M.A. is the Artistic Director.
The new STIPENDIUM PLUS is a 12-month residential and working scholarship, combined with an extended budget, with which scholarship holders can additionally invite cooperation partners. Alongside short-term guests from different fields outside of the art world, such as environmental science or neurobiology, the artists develop new forms of cooperation. The STIPENDIUM PLUS is supported by Karin und Uwe Hollweg Stiftung. For 2020 we offer one 12-month residential and working scholarship.
- open to international artists of all genres
- Explicit application with an idea on new forms of cooperation
- Willingness to live 1 year in Worpswede, staying at least 9 months
- Participation in at least 3 events in consultation with the Artistic Director of Künstlerhäuser Worpswede
- no age restriction
- artist duos and collectives are welcome
- basic knowledge in German or English
- Partners and children are welcome (with additional costs)
What we offer:
- 1 living and working studio, about 35 square meters, basic equipment with a small kitchenette, rent free and free of charge (for normal use, depending on the project further agreement)
- 1,000.00 € / month scholarship (supported by Karin und Uwe Hollweg Stiftung)
- 2,000.00 € flat rate for short term guests (supported by Karin und Uwe Hollweg Stiftung); extra studio at most 2 months, spread over the period of the scholarship, period after arrangement with Künstlerhäuser Worpswede
- full concentration on the edge of the Teufelsmoor
- scenic and culturally attractive region in the historic artist's village Worpswede- Proximity to Bremen (30 km) and Hamburg (100 km)
- contacts to other local and international artists, and our network of cultural workers
- Current development of a network of artists for workshop use and cooperation
- fast wifi
- Access to a small printing workshop "Die Künstlerpresse" in the center of Worpswede
- participation in events, in close cooperation with the Worpswede Museum Association, for example
Application documents (german or english):
- CV in list form
- Proposal for a project suggesting new forms of cooperation, with proposal of potential cooperation partners
- Motivation letter 1 page maximum
- Portfolio: Selection of artistic work (5 works) (max 8 MB as .pdf)
The scholarship recipient is selected by an independent and professionally competent jury based on the artistic quality of the submitted projects and proposals.
The non-profit art association Künstlerhäuser Worpswede is supported by the state of Lower Saxony, the Ministry of Science and Culture, Lower Saxony, the district of Osterholz and the community of Worpswede with other partners such as Karin und Uwe Hollweg Stiftung (Stipendium PLUS).